Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Timeless Textures and Mixed Borders with GDP #033 Colour Challenge

I have been missing in action due to school holiday but I am back in action with this week's Global Design Project - Colour Challenge #033 and a look at a new stamp set



I started the project with a piece of Thick Whisper White card stock slightly smaller than  the card front. I took the 3 ink pads for the colour challenge, Sahara Sand, Calypso Coral and Night of Navy and sponged them onto the card stock with a wedge of out Stampin' Sponges for each colour making sure to overlap/blend the colours into each other. Next I took the Timeless Textures scratched stamp and stamped off each colour before stamping onto each sponged colour. I stamped a number of the stamps from the Timeless Textures stamp set in Sahara Sand around and on a diagonal on the card to finish the background. I also stamped off these stamped on a same sized piece of Thick Whisper White card stock for the inside panel. I stamped the sentiment from Mixed Borders into a scrap of Thick Whisper White in Calypso Coral and punch with our 2" circle punch. I used the excess ink from my sponges to create a softer but similar background on the sentiment and the inside panel. I mounted the card front to a Night of Navy card base with Stampin' Dimensionals and sentiment also on Stampin Dimensionals. The inside panel was adhered to the inside using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

You can how my design process works, hints and some chat with friends by watching the video for how I made this card on Periscope till 6pm Wednesday 27th April

To order any of the products I have used on this project and more simply go to my SHOP NOW button above to go to my Online store or contact me to place an order.

I can also show you how to make this card at a party with you and your friends. Just contact me to organise a time to enjoy the amazing benefits our hostess can earn and spend on anything in our catalogues.

Thanks for stopping By
Ellen


3 comments:

  1. Oh I adore this Ellen! Amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! Make sure you pin your project to the official Global Design Team Pinterest Board. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, your background of your card is beautiful! Thanks for taking part this week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful backdrop on this card, Ellen! Beautiful! I adore the sneak peek, too. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project color challenge.

    ReplyDelete